It’s that time of year — when the weather cools down and you let loose your deep-seated craving for all things fall. Squash like butternut, acorn, kabocha, and delicata take center stage and what’s not to like? They are hearty with a pleasant nutty-sweet flavor and can be turned into so many dish types.
As you prepare your pantry for the fall and winter seasons, we’d like to share six surprising ways to enjoy hard squash from some of the internet’s most esteemed recipe sources. To learn about general squash preparation tips, visit The Sykes Co.’s Our Produce page.
- Oh She Glows’ Velvety Butternut Cinnamon Date Smoothie
- Tiny Urban Kitchen’s Kabocha Gnocchi
- Food Network’s Acorn Squash Chips
- Bon Appetit’s Butternut Squash “Steaks” with Brown Butter-Sage Sauce
- Skinny Taste’s Stuffed Delicata with Sausage and Mushrooms
- Gjelina’s Kabocha, Olive Oil, and Bittersweet Chocolate Cake